RealD Professional Stereo3D™ Calculator
The RealD Professional Stereo Calculator, Version 2 was awarded a Lumiere Technology Award Statuette by the International 3D Society at their 4th Annual Creative Arts Awards, held at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
The International 3D Society's Technology Awards honor technological achievement in the stereoscopic medium and are given to recognize individuals and organizations that have made a significant impact on the advancement of stereoscopic arts and technologies.
"The 3D Technology Awards Show celebrates the impact and innovation of the organizations and individuals whose advancements are leading this industry," said Jim Chabin, President of the International 3D Society. The organization is a professional community dedicated to advancing the arts and technologies of Stereoscopic 3D.
The RealD Professional Stereo3D™ Calculator for iPod®, iTouch® and iPad® provides a learning and production tool for filming in stereoscopic 3D.
Whether you're a seasoned stereographer or relatively new to shooting in 3D, this easy-to-use stereo calculator will help determine the right setup for your rig, fully taking into account parallax, separation, camera and lens choices, all from the palm of your hand.
The RealD Professional Stereo3D™ Calculator can help reduce production time by reporting how subjects will appear in 3D, while maximizing on-set efficiency, particularly with new shots setup on-the-fly
The RealD Professional Stereo3D™ Calculator helps your stereo 3D shoot:
- Parallax setup - know the depth of your shot by seeing the actual positive and negative parallax calculation with your subject in focus
- Separation - learn how various objects in each shot will affect the on-screen image quality based on separation and distance from the cameras; includes Maximum Positive On-Screen Offset
- Lens choice - quickly determine the appropriate lens or zoom to match what you have on set
- Shooting style - choose "Converged' or "Parallel" style to customize your shot and plan your post production workflow
- Camera Setup - Camera model, lens type and interaxial range; test real shots Interactive shot settings - quickly rearrange the setup real-time
- Viewing Conditions - allows you to define the largest target screen size, closest viewer, allowable divergence (if any) and maximum on-screen parallax
Designed to work with any camera and stereo rig combination, the Stereo3D™ Calculator provides stereo parallax setup for any display size, from handheld to theatrical projection, with easy-to-define rig capabilities & limitations.
Stereo Rig Solver™ Mode gives you the exact settings needed to accomplish any shot, while ensuring far object's parallax never goes over your defined maximum on-screen offset. If a rig cannot be set to these optimal settings, the program will calculate the best settings that the selected rig is capable of while simultaneously reporting the optimal settings to give you the information you need to decide if this is the right rig for the shot.
S3D Calculator Mode functions as a pure stereo 3D reference calculator with interactive value tables.
The RealD Professional® Stereo3D™ Calculator was designed and created by the recognized industry leader in traditional and Stereo 3D desktop previsualization, FrameForge® Previz Studio, in conjunction with RealD and world-class Stereographers to create a must-have tool for every 3D filmmaker.