The RealD Professional Stereo3D™ Calculator for iPhone®, iTouch® and iPad® just got a whole lot better.
The RealD Professional® Stereo3D™ Calculator was designed and created by the recognized industry leader in traditional and Stereo 3D desktop previsualization, FrameForge® Previz Studio, in conjunction with RealD and world-class Stereographers to create a must-have tool for every 3D filmmaker, and the Version 2.0 now offers the following new features to give the user even more information and control on any stereo shoot.
• FRAMING VIEW visually shows how objects of different heights will appear in the frame at their current distance for this camera and focal length. You can view a Man, Woman, Child, Animals or Car, giving you a range from 6’ down to 2' tall. On the iPad, you can see two actors/objects simultaneously and see them in any combination.
• PERCEIVED STEREO ROUNDNESS graphically shows how “round” an actor/object will appear at the current rig settings and for viewers at various distances in a theater of any size. Perceived Stereo Roundness can be displayed as a false-color map showing how “round” objects will appear in varying distances along the set to viewers in three theater positions, or it can display a roundness chart based on specific object distances.
• INTERAXIAL LOCK on the RigSolver™ and Pure Calculator Views allows users to lock the Rig's IA so that RigSolver™ and other equations will only adjust convergence or HIT while leaving the IA fixed in the position the user has specified.
• STORED SHOT SETUPS allows you to store ALL the current shot setup’s data including camera, rig, focal length, subject position, screen plane position, IA lock status, screen size etc. In addition to allowing you to name each setup and add notes to its description, you can reload them, export them (which produces both a human readable SHOT LIST spreadsheet with all the shot data, perfect to give to CGI or editorial, plus an interchange format that allows you to transfer these stored shots to and from other devices with the Stereo 3D Calculator.
• FRAMEFORGE PREVIZ STUDIO CONNECTIVITY allows you to import stored shots from FrameForge Previz Studio, allowing you to have your planned setups right at your fingertips in the calculator.
• ONE CLICK LOADING of Exported Shot Setups. Just email the file to your device, and click the file in your email and the calculator will do all the rest.
• DIVERGENCE DISTANCE LINE visually shows you the divergence distance caused by an IA lock, fixed IA camera or maxed out IA. In this case the distance to the divergence will be shown as a red line within the working area
• NEW CALCULATOR-STYLE DATA ENTRY keypad for faster entry of numbers in all fields.
• NEW INFINITE HORIZON MODE allows you to fully separate the far object (which is this farthest distance that should never have more than max positive parallax) from the working area.
• SEVERAL DOZEN NEW CAMERA PRESETS